|Please note: this is a live online course that will run Wednesday 19th August, 9:30am-3:00pm. You will need a Windows based PC and the Elmhurst U-value Calculator installed in advance of the course.
Suitable for: Individuals completing U-Value calculations
Elmhurst's U-Value Competency course and scheme is aimed at individuals who wish to gain additional validity for their U-Value calculations. Our reputable scheme reinforces the good work of assessors by providing a robust framework that monitors their work, and provides a recognised seal of approval to prospective clients.
During the course you will use the Elmhurst U-Value calculator while advancing your knowledge of U-Values and building on your existing skills.
If you do not have a copy of the Elmhurst U-Value Calculator please contact the OCDEA Support Team on 01455 883236 in advance of the course.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be eligible to join Elmhurst's U-Value Scheme which gives you access to Elmhurst U-Value Competency Scheme logo for marketing purposes and inclusion on Elmhurst's list of competent scheme members on the Elmhurst website.
- Introduction to U-Values & overview of scheme
- Science of thermal performance
- Principals of U-Values calculations
- A look at BR443 - U-Value calculation conventions
- Supervised U-Value calculation workshops
- Q & A
Process to become a Competent Person under the Scheme:
- Complete the booking form reference AP111 on line
- Attend our One Day U-Value Course (CPD course &/or entry course to competency scheme)
- 10 test cases provided during training course - 4 weeks to complete test cases with 100% pass rate requirement*
- Subject to satisfactory completion of test cases you will attain certification of defined areas of competency detailed below -
- The combined calculation method BS EN ISO 6946:2007
- U-Value Conventions BR443: 2006
- Floors (slab on ground & suspended) BS EN ISO 13370: 2007
- Elements covered - Masonry & timber walls, roofs & floors