Suitable for: NDEAs and DEC Assessors
Pre-requisite: You must be an accredited Non Domestic Energy Assessor to to become a Section 63 Advisor
On completion of Elmhurst’s Section 63 Online Competency Course you will be able to be accredited as a Section 63 Assessor with Elmhurst.
This is subject to:-
- meeting Elmhurst’s member application requirements; and
- satisfactory conclusion of the assignments
Please note that the Section 63 application form will be emailed across to you once the payment has been processed.
Section 63 legislation in Scotland requires owners of non-domestic buildings (over 1000m²) eligible for an EPC for sale or rent, to have an additional assessment carried out.
Elmhurst Energy is offering the opportunity for assessor to obtain the competency qualification for the Section 63 legislation with an online course which provides an overview of this legislation and the actions that assessors must take.
This course will offer a valuable opportunity for assessors to get to grips with all of the key areas to become a successful Section 63 Advisor.
- Section 63 regulations and legislation
- Scope of application of Section 63 to Non Domestic EPCs
- The section 63 process
- Options to comply within Section 63 i.e. Action Plans/DECS
- Produce a Section 63 Action Plan - Prescriptive measures
- Production of a Section 63 Action Plan - Alternative measures
- How and by whom these options are determined
- An overview of the Section 63 software for Action Plans.
- Next steps for Non Domestic EPC energy assessors
The course is broken down into 6 units each with a competency exam. Once all the units and exams have been covered you will need to submit 2 assignments for marking. This will require you to open the test cases for the assignments using iSBEM 5.6.a software and upload them to the relevant section once completed
If you have any questions about the course content or how it all works, we have a dedicated support team available to answer any of your questions. Please call the non-domestic support team on 01455 883 231