Suitable for: DEAs, Landlords, Estate Agents, Plumbing & Heating Engineers, and Social Housing providers
Legionella is a potentially deadly bacteria, typically found in man-made hot and cold water systems.
This online training course from Elmhurst will equip you with all the necessary skills to undertake inspections and produce professional Legionella reports for clients. You can undertake this course at any time from the comfort of your home or office.
Legionella Risk Assessors are currently in high demand, as landlords and property agents seek qualified individuals able to advise them on how to manage the risk of the bacteria.
The assessment is quick and easy to complete and can be carried out alongside existing work, with the added bonus of not requiring daylight hours in which to be completed. We recommend this course for landlords and property professionals looking to control the risk of legionella in their own properties, as well as Energy Assessors who wish to broaden their service offering.
- What is Legionella and where can it be found?
- Who is at risk?
- How the disease is transmitted and grows
- Statistics and history of outbreaks
- The Health & Safety at Work etc. Act 1974
- The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002
- The Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- The Approved Code of Practice L8 2013 and other guidance
- The role of Duty Holders and Responsible Persons
- Control measures for hot and cold water systems
- Control measures for other systems
- Legionella risk assessment methodology
Elmhurst’s Legionella Competency Scheme
Elmhurst's Legionella competency scheme provides quality to members through its comprehensive technical support, cutting edge software and inclusive PI and PL insurance. All suitably trained Legionella Risk Assessors are eligible to join the scheme free of charge.
More information available here.